Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A sentimental feeling

I was just talking to a very close freind who I've known for longer than I have a memory of. We were reminescing about some of the crazy stories that we have and the ridiculous situations and places we've been in, including the current one that I find myself in. And he suggested I write them all down into a book. So, I started to. And then it hit me, kind of like a ton of bricks. I've been so many places with so many people, and I have such strong bonds so many of them. So many of my freinds call me for help when they most need it, or a confidant when they most need one, or a trusted ear when they most need that. I don't know why a lot of them call me first, and last, but I think its because they know I care. And I do. But it hit me today that, there are so many incredibly close freinds that I have, that I'm never going to be able to have the experiences that I want to with all of them. Some of them, I'm going to have to remain thousands of miles away from for long, long periods of time. And I miss them all and all of the incredible times we've had together. They've all pushed my limitations, and I'm so thankful. Whether we were hiking out of the oxbow after getting lost on a tubing trip, running away from Houghton security, sneaking into college buildings, climbing up angry waterfalls in ithica, or running away from various law enforcement officials in various parts of the country, I love you and miss you all, and often. they say home is where you hang your hat,and home is where your heart is. Well, those two places aren't necesarily always the same. I've never had a place to hang my hat, I've never really had a place to call home. But all of my freinds that I miss, you guys are my home. Bono said in "walk on" "Home, how do you know what it is when you've never had one." Well, I've always thought that too. But maybe there is a way to know what it is when we don't, because suddenly we realize that we miss it, or, all of of what comprises it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home