Wednesday, April 23, 2008

supersition

Plans get made and Plans get stayed
Ten thousand times I prayed

But not enough.

Life is a thief.
We’re flipped from leaf to leaf there bound
By leather skin. Tough and sound
And they withstand the weather.

There was something better.

But skin too tough is skin too rough
And abrasive action is not Love
Each surface bound to have enough

More that it can stand.

To stand
After each and every plan
Was shredded on the alter
And on the way the carrier faltered
And lost his hidden treasure
Search for it forever
You’ll never get a glimpse

And that parts true

And what else say I to you
And what of you to me?
Nothing too outrageous
Just stand up straight
Be strong, courageous
Be there giants or just empty pages
You think I’d know which one was worse by now.

And how
Is it that even after
Starlit nights and moonlit pastures
Raging rivers and thunderous raptures, I did not know that way

Continue then to pray

And you awoke and trail retraced
And happened then upon my place
My back against the ground
You reached downstretched out a hand
And said ready now to stand.
Get up, lets straight away

2 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Word

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Word

 

Post a Comment

<< Home