Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Reflections II

Of all the things that I could see, this was not one.
Of all the possibilities, none have come
True

Except for you,
Because you knew my heart when I did not.
You waited till the fire was hot
To burn the chaff, loosen the knot
Which with blindness held me down
crimes done against your crown
forgotten
All be cause one begotten
Knew that though my heart was rotten
He could make it whole
He turned my filth into Gold for your temple
It was so simple

But still, I make it complicated
When to the Deciever I listen
When he tells me I’m jaded
By you.
My Father, if anything less true
Had ever been spoken

Would I trade for all my days as a king, one truth which you have shown me?
The Love with which you own me in Freedom binds me fast
You’ve given love to last
You’ve given love, the past which tempts me,
Tells to me is empty
And tells to me I want

But One look and I see that I am full
I was deiceved until
I looked again for your face
I lack wealth But there is no room in one so full of Grace
I lack wealth but for just one taste
Of Heaven
Consider all wealth given
And so to You, I’ve written

This song, to speak my love
So much as these human words can reach above
To your ears

And though fears from time to time grab me
You will never let them have me
A saviour, Mine
Every, single, Time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home