Friday, September 30, 2005

Where does he live? In what heart?

A young girl grows up. She grows up in a home, they go to a church. Their neighbors have a problem. The husband is abusive to his wife. Terribly physically abusive. The wife, out of fear and terror, out of sadness, heartache, and hurt, gets a divorce. The church tells her that she cannot come there anymore. She has sinned. The young girl is still growing up. She wants to be a choir boy. She can’t, she’s not a boy. A young girl grows up. She learns lessons of love, of pain, of heartache, and of joy. She survives cancer, and so does her daughter. She denies that a God exists. How could he. But she knows love exists, and she gives of herself to everyone freely.
I met this young girl grown up today. I have to say that never, ever, have I seen God so clearly in a stranger’s eyes, especially one that says he can’t exist.

I learned a lot from her today. I learned a lot from her about my Father, about my God. It seemed that she, who claimed that He was not, knew him far better than I.

“Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law”
Romans 2:14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home